The Human Resources Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Reviews, tracks and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional training and/or courses, aptitude exams and certifications as needed.
2. Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions: collaborates with department managers/supervisors to understand the skills and competences required for openings. This includes direct hires as well as hires through temporary agencies.
3. Conducts and/or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
4. Implements new hire orientations (for direct & temp hires) and collects completed new hire paperwork and training documents.
5. Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resources programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance & talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health & safety; and training and development.
6. Handles employment related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
7. Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
8. Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
9. Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
10. Performs all other relevant duties and assignments as directed by the Director of HR and the President/CEO and sole owner of ClipperCreek, Inc.
Required Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
3. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
4. Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
6. Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
7. Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
8. Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
9. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
10. Proficient in QuickBooks Desktop or related software.
11. Proficient with and/or ability to implement and use an HRIS and talent management software.
12. Ability to work with computer, keyboards, and mouse maneuvering.
13. Sufficient visual acuity to work on computer screens for extended periods of time.
14. Ability to communicate, interact and facilitate projects and tasks with all internal departments.
1. Human Resources Capacity
2. Ethical Conduct
3. Strategic Thinking
5. Decision Making
6. Financial Management
7. Communications Proficiency
8. Presentation Skills
9. Technical Capacity
11. Problem Solving/Analysis
12. Performance Management
13. Project Management
This position may oversee and manage the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
This position may oversee and assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
This position may oversee and manage the hiring, corrective action notices and terminations of staff.
Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will working in front of computers screens and with key boards and sitting for extended periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in an office environment and interacting with internal departments as well as outside vendors.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to attend offsite meetings on occasion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
2. The employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time, talking on the telephone and work with a computer, technical equipment and key boards.
3. The employee must have the physical ability to do work that occasionally requires bending and stooping.
4. The employee must have sufficient physical strength necessary to lift and carry 30 lbs.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require long hours and weekend work occasionally.
Minimal, < 5%
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration or related field required.
2. At least 1 year of human resource management experience required.
3. PHR/SHRM-CP or SPHR/SHRM-SCP certification highly desired.
4. Ability to work independently and manage several challenging projects simultaneously.
CLIPPERCREEK, INC. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices) marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin (includes language use and possession of a driver’s license issued to persons unable to prove their presence in the United States is authorized under federal law), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. Discrimination can also include failing to reasonably accommodate religious practices or qualified individuals with disabilities where the accommodation does not pose an undue hardship.
All such discrimination is unlawful.
The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in Company operations. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination against any job applicant, employee or unpaid intern by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and coworkers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ClipperCreek® offers many employee benefits inclusive of medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, an employee assistance program (EAP) and free work place car charging. Salaries are competitive and based on experience, responsibility, and performance.
11850 Kemper Rd., Auburn, CA 95603
2021 © ClipperCreek®
Stay in the know on the latest EVSE news and product offers!
Dreaming of a Tesla EV or Tesla solar panels? Score 1,000 Free Supercharger Miles by ordering through Jason's referral.