COSMOS®: Simple interface for integration to building energy management, third party monitor and control systems.
Designed for developers, system operators, and system integrators, COSMOS® features a simple digital load management interface as well as UART Serial Communication interface for more advanced connection to third party monitoring and control systems with ClipperCreek’s 3.3V-5V CMOS-compatible UART proprietary protocol.
Available UART Serial Commands include:
- Set EVSE Pilot (available power) level – 5 levels
- Monitor vehicle connected status
- Monitor EVSE active/inactive status
- View advanced EVSE diagnostics information
- Defaults to hardwired digital load management if serial communication lost
Digital Load Management Interface features:
- Four levels of output power control
- Optically-coupled Open Collector output – pulled low when EVSE makes power available for charging
Features of the COSMOS® HCS charging stations include:
- Digital load management interface for easy integration to building management systems
- Easy integration with third party monitoring and control systems
- UART serial communication interface
- Control charging power, view station status, monitor vehicle connected status
- ChargeGuard® key-based access control option available
- Ruggedized option available
- Integrated cable wrap making storing the cable simple and convenient
- Next generation SAE-J1772 connector with optional padlock feature
- 25 foot charging cable to reach multiple parking spaces
- NEMA 4 rated enclosure for installation anywhere
- Three year warranty
- ClipperCreek customers are supported by an exceptional customer service team
- Made in America
- COSMOS® can be added to HCS-40, HCS-40P, HCS-40R, HCS-40PR, or HCS-60 charging stations for just $184
“Many companies desire integration of EV charging with existing building energy management systems. COSMOS® is a comprehensive interface that can be utilized by a variety of systems, but is extremely affordable.” – Jason France, ClipperCreek
“Charging power levels can be controlled, station status can be viewed, and vehicle connected status can be easily monitored.” – Will Barrett, ClipperCreek
COSMOS® is compatible with these ClipperCreek® products:
The HCS-40, HCS-40P, HCS-40R, HCS-40PR, and HCS-60 are fully compatible with COSMOS® 240V, 32 or 48 Amps, Level 2 Reliable. Powerful. Made in America.
“Ruggedized” HCS-40R & HCS-40PR Charging Stations
Fully compatible with COSMOS® Available with multiple plug options or hardwired Impact and crush resistant SAE-J1772 connector Type 4X watertight and corrosion resistant rubber overmolded EV connector 5-year warranty Field-replaceable latch
Simple key-based access control Fully compatible with COSMOS® More reliable than complicated communications based access control No assembly required
Q: What are the output power control options through the serial interface?
A: The COSMOS UART serial communications interface provides the ability to set the stations available power to 5 different levels, 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, or 0% (off). This functionality allows intelligent control systems to fluctuate the power available for charging based on a variety of factors that may be provided to that system.
Q: How do I get access to the ClipperCreek proprietary serial communication protocol?
A: Contact ClipperCreek. We will get an NDA in place and then we can share the proprietary protocol document.
Q: What are the output power control options through the digital load management interface?
A: The COSMOS digital load management interface provides the ability to set the stations available power to 4 different levels, 100%, 50%, 25%, or 0% (off). This functionality allows intelligent control systems to fluctuate the power available for charging based on a variety of factors that may be provided to that system.
Do you have more questions about COSMOS®?
We’d love to answer them! If you have questions or need general information regarding COSMOS®, Commercial, Fleet, Workplace or Multi-Dwelling Unit EVSE Sales please fill out our information form by clicking the Let’s Get Started! button below and we’ll respond shortly, or feel free to contact:
11850 Kemper Rd., Auburn, CA 95603
2021 © ClipperCreek®
Stay in the know on the latest EVSE news and product offers!
Dreaming of a Tesla EV or Tesla solar panels? Score 1,000 Free Supercharger Miles by ordering through Jason's referral.